Sunday, January 23, 2011

How to Arrange Marriage Counseling

Overview

No marriage is perfect, which is why some married couples benefit from marriage counseling. Marriage counseling can help you work through your communication issues, ease a life transition or simply find better ways to connect. If marriage counseling sounds like the right course for you, arrange it carefully by talking to your spouse about the possibility of counseling, and by finding a marriage counselor who shares your ideals. Marriage counseling can help to improve the quality of your marriage and provide for a more satisfying relationship.
Step 1

Talk to your spouse about your desire to visit a counselor. Your spouse may be resistant and even opposed to the idea of letting a stranger dissect and analyze your marriage, so it's important to have examples of why and how marriage counseling can help you. ForYourMarriage.org, an initiative of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, notes that marriage counseling isn't only used for severe problems. It can help you to adapt to changes, improve communication and appreciate each other more. Give your partner time to think about the prospect of marriage counseling and show respect for upset or resistant feelings.
Step 2

Locate the right marriage counselor for you. If you currently see a therapist on your own, you could ask for a referral to a couple's therapist. Or, ask friends that you know have visited a couple's counselor in the past to find a counselor with a good track record. If you're looking into counselors on your own, call at least three offices and ask about experience, price, sessions and the counselor's philosophy on divorce, says psychologist and sex therapist Stephanie Buehler. Choose the counselor whose philosophies and ideals are similar to your own.

Step 3

Contact your health insurance company to find out whether or not they cover mental health services like marriage counseling. Some insurance companies will require a referral from a health care professional in order to cover the sessions, notes MayoClinic.com This could affect which counselor you decide to see. Choose a counselor based on affordability, experience and philosophy, and call to make an appointment with your spouse.
Step 4

Prepare for your appointment by talking to your spouse about what to expect, and issues you both feel comfortable discussing with a therapist present. You may find that, as an initially resistant spouse becomes more comfortable with the idea of marriage counseling, he or she will open up and become a willing participant in sessions to improve your marriage. Go to your first session with an open mind, and allow your marriage counselor to lead the session.


1 comments:

FLORES said...


A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR.TAKUTA) THAT HELP
ME GET MY EX HUSBAND BACK, AM SO HAPPY
My name is LUCY SETHI from USA .I am here to
give testimony on how I got my husband back.
My husband left me for no reason 3 years ago.
He moved in with another woman, I felt like
killing myself, my life became very bitter and
sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me
about a great spell caster that is very good and,
he said he gave him some lucky numbers that he
played in a lottery and he won. I didn't believe it
because I've worked with so many of them and it
didn't work. He begged me further so I decided
to try this great spell caster called DR TAKUTA. I
still didn't believe. I used the spell he gave me
and the next day I received a call from my
darling husband Thomas last month. He
apologized and came back to me. He even gave
me 10,000USD as a means of compensating me.
I'm very happy now. please i will advise you to contact him
now and see for your self his Email is via____
takutaspellalter@gmail.com or whatsapp him
through the following contact on +27788634102


Dr.TAKUTA also cures:
1. HEPATITIS A,B,C
2. HERPES 1/2
3.DIABETES
4.STROKE.
5.HIV/AIDS HERBAL CURE, STDS and STI
6. MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
7.LOVE SPELL CASTING
8.JOB PROMOTION SPELLS
9.MARITAL PROBLEM
10.MAGIC MONEY SPELLS

Post a Comment